Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

34 weeks- getting tired!

We drove to Virginia this past weekend for a friend's wedding. Greg was in the wedding and needed to be there for the rehearsal dinner, so we decided to leave Thursday. It was an 8+ hour drive to Charlottesville, where we stayed at Greg's aunt and uncle's house- so nice not to stay in a hotel! On Thursday night and Friday before heading to Richmond for wedding festivities, we hit up some of our old favorite UVA spots like Foods of All Nations and Little John's (yummy sandwiches!), the Lawn, and the garden where we got married three years ago! Definitely a lot of fun. 

Everything about the wedding was a ton of fun- rehearsal dinner and going out afterward (no drinks for me, but I did get to throw darts- woot!), the wedding of course, and the after party. We were out really late Friday and Saturday nights, which I hadn't planned on, but Greg was getting to hang out with friends he hadn't seen in a longgg time, so I stuck it out for him. We didn't get back to Charlottesville and to sleep until 3am both nights- major exhaustion! My ankles started swelling up Saturday night and were nice and plump for the ride back to Tennessee Sunday. What was extra nice about the trip was being able to stop in Lynchburg and Knoxville to see my sister and her family and brother and his family. My nephews and niece are adorably hilarious- love them! My brother Jason and his wife Ashley also gave us about 10 large diaper boxes full of clothes from their daughter, so Millie is going to be one cute little fashionista :)

There's a lot more I could write about the weekend (really, it was great!), but over the past few days (maybe because of the traveling, maybe because I'm smack dab in the middle of the third trimester and my uncomfortable braxton hicks contractions seem to be nonstop these days), everything has become a chore, and I have no energy or desire to do anything! I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to get Mills' dresser fixed up and how we are going to get things organized, packed, and moved over the next month or so. One way or another, I know it'll get done, but I hope I'm actually able to be involved in the process...

Here are some pics from week 34!:

My hands were on my way to my cheeks in this shot (as in omg only 6 more weeks!). but again, the chore-dom of it all prevented me from asking Greg to take another photo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment