Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pop! goes the belly

Here is the photo I took yesterday at 25 weeks:
It's hard to say whether I'm using the same ab control from week to week, but this week's bump looks much more defined than last week's. I guess from here on out, as Mills grows more quickly (she should already be about two pounds right now!!), so will my belly. After such slow visible progress during the first few months, this is incredible to experience!

I've been dying to start decorating a nursery, but we aren't sure that we will still be in our apartment come July, so even painting could be a waste of time. It's really frustrating because I want to go ahead and get the rest of the furniture and decorate, but I know I shouldn't, not only for the reason just explained, but also because we have no space to store furniture right now. If we do end up still in our current location, we will have to do some purging of items or at least a major reorganization and put things in storage somewhere. As of now, we have no space for a baby! This alone is enough to make me anxious...

I've tried to distract myself from the furniture and decoration issue, but it's pretty tough. I find myself scouring craigslist for cute or fixer-up dressers almost daily! However, I've also spent time sorting through and (I hope) finishing up the baby registries, baking, doing art projects to hang on Mills' walls, continuing making cloth baby wipes, and making homemade, liquid laundry detergent! I'll have to post photos of some of these activities/creations in the near future :)

2 comments:

  1. You and your bump look great, Nikki! I love reading your updates here! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin good mama!

    ReplyDelete