Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, January 17, 2013

She's a half!

Millsypie is six months old, and I am just sitting here wondering what happened. Didn't we just bring her home from the hospital? Sure feels like it. My heart seriously aches and my eyes well up with tears just thinking about how fast time has gone and knowing it's not going to slow down! I want to record every single waking moment. And even her sleeping ones. I want to remember every little detail of this forever, and it kills me knowing that it's not possible.

Some small details just from the past couple days that I don't want to forget:
- When Mills wakes up in the morning and from naps, and I walk into her room and start talking to her, she lifts her sleepy head, smiles, does a little "heh heh" giggle, then buries her sweet face in the mattress.
- If I don't shower while Mills is napping, she sits in her bouncy chair in the bathroom while I do. She has toys to play with, and her seat vibrates and plays music, but she has the most fun trying to see me while I talk to her. She's always ready with a big grin when I peek out at her from behind the curtain.
- I always nurse Mills while lying down because it's easiest that way these days. On Tuesday and Wednesday, her third nap of the day was snuggled up against me having fallen asleep nursing. It was the sweetest thing. *We should do this more often*
- Our hallway has no natural light, and I don't always turn the light on as we go back and forth throughout the day. I usually slow down enough that Mills can reach out and let her baby hand graze the wall as we walk, but I never just stop. Until today. When we were halfway up the hall, Mills on my hip, I stopped, and she turned her head to me, looking up with big, sweet, innocent eyes and her tiny, open mouth, and I thought to myself how I wanted to capture that precious, curious, trusting expression. 
- Today while nursing her, she turned onto her back and started playing with her feet as she ate. Anytime that girl is on her back, her tiny tootsies go right into the air.
- To wind down and get ready for naps, we dance a little in the kitchen, then head to Mills' room and sing "twinkle, twinkle." Recently, as I've finished the song, she's begun rubbing her face back and forth against my shoulder like she's trying to scratch her nose. Little booger :)
- A few times this week, Mills has fallen asleep in my arms, held horizontally, with her whole face nuzzled into my elbow.
- Every night, Mills gets a bath. It's part of her bedtime routine. And so is me singing "rubber ducky." Every time I start singing in my best Ernie voice, she immediately looks at me and grins.
- Mills always smells sweet. I think it's just from the pureed fruits she eats (aka gets stuck in her chubby crevices), but I love inhaling her neck and breathing in her skin when I kiss her cheeks.

A lot of what I want to remember I have no way of doing except with memories. No photo or video is going to let me smell her babiness or feel her soft fuzzy hair, silky smooth skin, chubby thighs, or squishy belly. All of these thoughts just make me want to have another baby so I can relive these moments and enjoy these simple pleasures again. And again? And maybe again? :)

 Six months!
 Baby pirate. Arghhhh!
 Yep, this last photo is the result of face-planting into a pile of fresh spit-up. Her expression says is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment